Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Chicken Salad

Now mind you, I've never made or tasted Chicken Salad. I didn't know what to expect. But since I've started to eat a little mayo here and there I thought I'd give it a shot. To me... it was great... but it made too much for just me and Jerome so I shared a bit with coworkers!

Ingredients:
1 whole cut up fryer, cooked either boiled, baked or I suppose fried (or just use one of those precooked chickens from the grocery store like I did!)
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour Cream
Salt
2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Pepper
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
2-3 stalks of Celery
3 Green Onions
2-3 cups Grapes

Slice grapes in half... unless you have unusually large grapes like I did and that case I just sliced them.
Chop your celery. Note to self, Jerome complained about the size of mine - apparently I have to make it invisible for him.

Don't forget to chop the onions too...

I let the precooked chicken cool before handling it a bit - basically while I was gathering ingredients, rinsing the fruits and veggies, even when I was prepping the "sauce". Then I cut the chicken up into bite size pieces. I placed the chicken, grapes, onions, and celery in a bowl and gave it a quick toss.

In a separate bowl I mixed the mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper together. You need to get it to the right taste... so you may need to add more sour cream if it's to sweet for you or more brown sugar if it's not sweet enough. All in your taste buds... or in my case... my husband's taste buds.

Once the "sauce" has the right taste to you and your family pour it on top of the chicken, veggie and fruit mixture and mix until everything is nice and coated.

You can eat this straight out of the bowl like crab or potato salad or do what we did the first night and make it the main course by toasting two pieces of wheat bread, add a few pieces of bacon and call it a night. YUM!

No comments: