Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gram's Chicken Pot Pie Updated

Kraft has this mag called Food & Family that I just got the Winter edition of. On the cover (shown) they had the following recipe and I tried it out tonight. I did make a few changes to it and have some suggestions for the next time I make it. Below you will find my version of this recipe. If you want the original click the link above.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. Italian Dressing
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups frozen California mix vegetables
1 can (10 3.4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 lb. (4 oz) Velveeta
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 can sweet peas

Preheat oven at 400 degrees. I cooked two frozen chicken breasts in my grill pan. Once they were 99% cooked I chopped them into bite size pieces. In a different skillet I added the dressing and chicken and cooked on high until the chicken was cooked thoroughly. Stir in vegetables, soup and Velveeta.

Stir until cheese has melted. Spoon into 9x9 square stoneware that has been sprayed with Pam. Unfold pastry sheet and place over chicken mixture.Brush pastry with egg. Be sure to cut a few slits in the pastry to permit steam to escape.

Bake for 30 minuets or until deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minuets before serving.


Now for my suggestions for next time. I recommend not using canned peas. Next time I will use frozen peas. I'll also add some potatoes to the mix. Other than those two things it was PERFECT!

1 comment:

Kim said...

FYI: Jerome loved it too!